- Real Estate
Salem Real Estate Using New Assessment Technology
The Salem Real Estate Office is now using iPads and mobile software to collect and maintain property information in the city. The appraisers are taking new photos, sketching properties, and updating property characteristics throughout the city. These "real-time" updates are used to keep property records as current as possible.
These Salem Assessors will have proper identification at all times and will only be on the exterior of properties.
The Real Estate Assessor's Office is responsible for the records management and assessments for all real property located in the City of Salem. Our mission is:
- To provide fair and equitable property assessments
- To meet the needs of the taxpayers by providing the highest degree of professionalism and assistance
We accomplish our mission by maintaining the integrity of this office through:
- Updated Technology
- Abiding by all state laws regarding real property assessments
- Following the Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice
- Continuing education for our employees
Tax Payment Deadlines
- 1st Payment Due - December 5
- 2nd Payment Due - June 5
Real Estate tax rate is $1.20 per $100