The City of Salem provides an excellent competitive benefits package for its full-time employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, family leave, and bereavement benefits
- A choice of medical plans, as well as a vision and dental plan with generous contributions
- Participation in the Virginia Retirement System (VRS).
- Medical plan for retirees
- Paid portion of earned sick leave at retirement
- City Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program for Employees
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Service Awards
- VRS - Life Insurance - coverage is equal to the annual salary and then doubled.
- Optional Life Insurance Plan for Employee and Family
- Optional Participation in Deferred Compensation Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement for Job Related Training
- Employee Health & Wellness Clinic
View Machine Readable Files