The City of Salem’s Technology Systems provides efficient, sustained, and effective delivery of Information Technology infrastructure, telecommunications, and applications and enhances service delivery to Salem’s citizens, businesses, visitors, and employees.
As Salem’s technology leader, we are responsible for maintaining the core IT infrastructure and systems that affect each aspect of city life—from human services to public safety, from economic development to education—spanning the full spectrum of governmental operations.
- Improves and Enhances Services to offer more advanced and timely technology implementations and streamline processes, allowing the city to better serve its citizens.
- Works to Expand Strategic Roles with Local Businesses & Agencies to be more aligned with their needs.
- Invests in Human Capital to cultivate and diversify Salem’s IT talent resources to best deliver services.
- Provides Robust Infrastructure to protect the City’s technology, telecommunications, utilities, and information assets and maintain service operations.
- Optimizes Technology Administration to improve IT procurement options and vendor accountability and save the City time and money.
- Forms Partnerships to facilitate greater access to technology to engage all citizens and expand broadband and other technology services.