Thirstins Water Cycle Activity
Building a Lego Water Dam
- The first people to record ways to treat water were the Egyptians more than 3,500 years ago.
- About 70% of the earth’s surface is covered with water. Out of that less than 1% is fresh water that we can actually use for drinking.
- 2% of the earth’s water is glacier ice which can be used if melted down but it is too far away at the earth’s North and South Poles.
- 97% of the earth’s water is salt water. Salt water is unsafe for humans to drink.
- You could be sharing the same water a dinosaur once used! The same water that is on earth today was also here when the dinosaurs were. This is because of something called the Water Cycle. The Water Cycle is where water evaporates and rises forming a cloud, then when there is a storm from the cloud it falls back to earth as precipitation. It is a never ending cycle!
- The average human body is 75% water. It helps regulate your body temperature, helps to turn food into energy, helps your breathing and lots of other cool things.