What I do if I move away from Salem?

When moving out of Salem to a prorating locality, we must see documentation from the locality you are moving to prove your vehicles have been filed there. Your new locality may simply fax the information to us. When moving to a non-prorating locality after January 1, taxes are owed to Salem for the full year. Your new locality will not bill you until the following year, but you must still have the new locality fax Salem the information that you have registered with them. If you are moving out-of-state, we must see a copy of your title or registration from the new state in order to prorate your Salem taxes.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I purchase a new vehicle?
2. What do I do if I sell or dispose of a vehicle?
3. What do I do if I move to Salem?
4. What I do if I move away from Salem?
5. How does the City of Salem value my vehicle?
6. What happens if I do not register my vehicle with the City within 30 days?